Having your hair done professionally in a salon is a great idea. As a result, your hair will look amazing and you will feel great.
The problem is that not everyone can afford to spend that much money every day on salon services. The good news is that flat irons can assist you with solving this problem since they can be used at home and they do not cost much except for the electricity they consume.
There are a variety of flat irons available on the market, but not every flat iron is affordable. However, I have found 7 Best Flat Irons Under $40, which will straighten your hair just as nicely without breaking the bank.
The HSI Professional Glider is a tad over $40, but we've included it based on its quality reviews. Avoid it if you are not interested.
7 Best Flat Irons Under $40
- Best Overall: HSI Professional Glider | Ceramic Tourmaline Ionic Flat Iron
- Best Cheap: Remington S5500 1″ Anti-Static Flat Iron with Floating Ceramic Plates
- Best For Thick Hair: KIPOZI Professional Titanium Flat Iron Hair Straightener
- Best For All Hair: KIPOZI Hair Straightener 1 Inch Titanium Plates Flat Iron
- Best Tourmaline: INFINITIPRO BY CONAIR Tourmaline Ceramic Flat Iron
- Best For Travel: KIPOZI 1 Inch Pro Titanium Dual Voltage Hair Straightener
- Best Mini: AmoVee Mini Flat Iron Smart Ceramic Tourmaline Hair Straightener
With each product, we've included a feature that's a good match based on my experience, so you can find the perfect match quicker, but you can explore each one further for a perfect fit.
The first and most popular ceramic flat iron nowadays is the HSI Professional Flat Iron. This ceramic flat iron from HSI is designed with a tourmaline-infused ceramic plate, which generates negative ions that allow water molecules to penetrate into the hair shaft. The Heat Balance technology uses 8 micro-sensors to evenly distribute heat, regulating the temperature so you don’t have to waste time applying heat.
As a result of this, straightening takes less time, which prevents damage when styling. In addition, a 1-inch plate width gives you plenty of room to style your bangs, even though it is wide enough for any length of hair. With its floating plates, this iron allows you to flip your hair, curl it all the way around, or straighten it with a single iron.
A unique feature of the HSI Flat Iron is it’s 110/220 worldwide dual voltage, making it perfect for traveling. The cord has a 360 swivel and is extra-long to prevent tangling or damage, and it is designed to save you time while styling your own hair.
Wide Temperature Range: It heats up in seconds with a temperature range from 140°F up to 450°F, allowing you to choose the most appropriate temperature for your hair type. This reduces the potential for hair damage, while also making the styling more efficient.
Aside from being packed with features, it is very inexpensive, with a warranty that lasts for a year and a satisfaction guarantee made with it.
- Micro-sensors: 8
- Temperature: 140-450°F
- Color: black
- Brand: HSI professional
- Power source: corded electric
- Item weight: 1 pound
- The cord is very long
- An appropriate weight, neither too light nor too heavy
- It Is easy to grip since the handle is textured
- Heat glove (which prevents finger burns) is a great bonus
- The temperature knob is not located in an easy-to-access place
- 1-inch plate width may appear small to some people
- There is no auto shut-off
Best Cheap: Remington S5500 1″ Anti-Static Flat Iron with Floating Ceramic Plates
The Remington S5500 is the second-best choice if you’re on a budget or if you seek a good ceramic flat iron at an affordable price. There’s no doubt the Remington s5500 offers amazing features for a price that’s hard to beat.
Remington’s anti-static flat iron reduces negative particles by 50% during styling, resulting in 50% less static and flyaway hair. These titanium-coated ceramic plates can be heated up within seconds, creating a smooth glide. The 1-inch plates are 30% longer for proper control and quick styling. With a range of six heat settings between 310°F and 410°F, the digital touch screen makes it easy to find the right temperature for your hair type.
This high-heat straightener works quickly to straighten hairs with each pass, protecting your hairs from too much heat exposure. You can avoid any potential fire hazard by operating the flat iron with the 60-minute automatic shut-off feature.
The 360° swivel cord keeps you comfortable at any angle. A simple press of the “+” button activates the turbo boost function to quickly boost the flat iron to its highest heat.
- Size: 1 inch
- 6 Different Heat Settings
- 30 Second Heat Up
- 410°F High Heat
- LCD Temperature Display
- Voltage: 120V
- Item Dimensions: 1.13 x 1 x 11.75 inches
- Automatic Shut Off feature
- A digital control system
- Compared to others, it is very cheap
- The Anti-Static Technology
- The plates are very close together
- It heats up very quickly
- Temperature options are limited
- The digital screen does not light up
- It smells a little bad when you turn it on
Best For Thick Hair: KIPOZI Professional Titanium Flat Iron Hair Straightener
This tool is a combination of luxury, versatility, and technology. The KIPOZI hair straightener is designed to provide comfort to the user. The temperature can be adjusted up to 170F/450F so that a consistent temperature is achieved between the two plates, allowing you to customize your results to fit your preferences. A digital LCD display is also available for viewing settings.
It ensures consistent heating without overexposure, thanks to each plate being precisely melded, so that hair passes through without snagging, for snag-free styling. Hair can be straightened with it, but it can also be used to add volume and flips.
With it’s 1.75-inch titanium floating plates, you can achieve long-lasting, lustrous results. With it’s universal voltage, you never have to worry about plugged-in voltage issues while traveling.
You can also have it automatically shut down every 60 minutes when it is not in use, along with a temperature reduction feature, which provides you with more peace of mind.
Power cable is non-tangle and swivels for ease of use. Specially designed electronic circuits enable the appliance to automatically convert to a global standard. It will automatically adapt to the local current when plugged into a local outlet. To connect to the electrical outlet in the country that you are visiting, you may require a plug adapter.
- Worldwide voltage for auto use
- The 8-foot swivel cord makes styling easy
- Packing dimensions: 13.5×4.21×2.44 inches
- The weight of this item is 1.61 pounds
- Temps between 170°F and 450°F
- Titanium plate material
- Shutdown automatically
- The ability to set different temperatures
- Heats up quickly
- Easy-to-read LCD display
- Using wide plates (1.5 inches) makes the job go faster
- It is light in weight
- The straightener has heating buttons on the side
- It takes time to cool down (not much)
- The outer surface of the straighter gets quite hot
Best For All Hair: KIPOZI Hair Straightener 1 Inch Titanium Plates Flat Iron
With the KIPOZI titanium flat iron you will get optimal results with 80% less breakage and better color protection thanks to the ceramic PTC heater. Negative ions work to moisturize the hair to transform frizzy and dull hair into great-looking shiny and sleek hair with amazing shine.
450 degrees Fahrenheit gets hair straight in no time. The temperature heat settings are easy to understand, so you can choose the best one for the thickness and texture of your hair. The adjustable temperature suits all hair types, including fragile, damaged, and healthy hair. Find the right heat setting for your hair and you will have perfectly smooth and healthy hair, so don’t be embarrassed if you are the center of attention.
This iron is crafted from two titanium plates to deliver heat quickly and evenly. It reaches temperatures up to 450°F, and features shine-enhancing technology. While adding softness, the titanium plates glide through your hair easily. This 3D floating plate never pulls your hair and its 1 inch plate width is wide enough to fit any hair length, as well as being narrow enough for bangs.
In case of inactivity for more than 90 minutes, there is an auto off safety feature. In 15 seconds, heat up to 380°F at constant temperature, saving time when designing hairstyles and preventing damage.
Travelers will appreciate that it comes with a dual voltage system, so they can take it anywhere. The dual voltage is 100 – 240V, and the cord has a 360-degree swivel (8 feet). Additionally, it has a built-in LCD display, a safety lock design, and a velvet pouch for travel.
- Plate Size 1 inch
- Item Dimensions 11 x 3 x 3 inches
- Visual screen
- 60 min auto shut off
- Weight 1.5 Pounds
- Heats up super quick
- push and hold the power button avoid accidental turn off/on
- Amazing feature in affordable price
- Long cord for more ease
- Great temperature indicator
- Button placement issue for many users
- has a bit of a burnt plastic smell when in use
Best Tourmaline: INFINITIPRO BY CONAIR Tourmaline Ceramic Flat Iron
Get gorgeous straight, shiny hair with INFINITI PRO BY CONAIR’s Tourmaline Ceramic 1-inch Flat Iron. This iron helps you style in the comfort of your own home. Using the tourmaline ceramic coated plates, the heat is generated evenly to minimize hair damage, resulting in shinier, healthier-looking hair.
You can style your weave hair with this professional-quality straightener and flat iron quickly and efficiently along with variable heat settings because it heats to 455 degrees F (230 degrees C) in 15 seconds. No more waiting around for your hair straightener to get hot. It reaches high temperatures to convert even the most unmanageable and frizzy tresses into smooth, shiny, and soft tresses. You can create wavy curls easily with extra-long floating plates as well as super-fast styling with extra-long floating plates.
This model comes with a convenient auto-off feature for when the flat iron is left too long. Tourmaline Ceramic technology produces both anti-frizz and anti-static results with less damage compared to other traditional straighteners. Compared to the typical straightener length of 85mm, this INFINITIPRO BY CONAIR 1-inch Tourmaline Ceramic Flat Iron provides high-performance flat ironing.
- Hair type: All types, wavy
- Size: 1-inch
- Item Dimensions: 2.5 x 5.38 x 13.88 inches
- Power: Corded Electric
- Weight: 1 Pound
- Max Temp Setting: 455 degrees Fahrenheit
- The button shows flashes until the iron is hot
- Heats quickly and glides easily across the hair
- Cheaper than others
- Ideal for shorter to shoulder-length hair
- It’s lightweight and auto-off.
- Plates do not touch flush when closed
- It gets very hot on the outside of the iron
- The LED display is not available
- It’s too hard to reach the power button
Best For Travel: KIPOZI 1 Inch Pro Titanium Dual Voltage Hair Straightener
The KIPOZI Hair Straightener (2 in 1) has a round shape that helps you to create a variety of hairstyles. Plates with a width of 1 inch are narrow enough for bangs. Creating awesome hairstyles everyday.
PTC ceramic heaters are used in this Titanium flat iron. In addition, titanium plates release negative ions, which leave hair shining, reduce keratin damage from heat styling and reduce frizz, resulting in hair that is silky, soft, and healthy. Its easy-to-use temperature adjustment and LCD display will help you fully understand the situation. You can select three distinct levels of temperature: 270°F (140°C), 350°F (180°C) and 410°F (210°C). Locking switch design makes it easy to store, and saves space when you are traveling.
Kipozi flat iron with 360 degree swivel and floating plates supports your movements while setting up your hairstyles. During hair styling, the floating plates with curved edges continue to adjust the angle so that the hair straightener does not snag your hair. With its dual voltage ability (110-240V) and its adapter connection, Kopazi’s travel straightener and curler can be used worldwide.
- Floating 1 inch 3D plates
- The dimensions of this item are 11 x 3 x 3 inches
- Switch design for locking
- One inch in size
- It is gold in color
- There are plenty of temperature options
- It’s very light and performs well
- Automatically turns off as well
- Easily transportable if needed
- The temperature rises within seconds
- Hold down the power button for a few seconds to turn on/off
- It is difficult to turn on and adjust the temperature
- Physical buttons are more effective than its touch screen
The Amovee Mini Flat Iron is the first flat iron that we recommend for easy bangs; it provides professional results on the go. The floating plates enable you to create gorgeous looks with the styling iron to create super-sleek, straight hair, polished curls, and cascading waves. Its ceramic heating element ensures that the flat iron heats evenly all around, which means that there are no “hot spots”, where your hair might get burned or fried. With tourmaline, there are zero sticking or pulling, because it emits negative ions that eliminate frizz and smooth the hair.
An optional heat-resistant glove comes with this mini flat iron. Ideal for the nape or face-framing section with bobs, bangs, short hair, or a pixie cut. A smart flat iron will be a great and perfect gift for your boyfriend or husband if he has trouble with wavy beards. Its small size and light weight make it perfect for traveling and on the go. Because of its compact size, it can be easily stored.
You can get salon-styled hair with this Mini Straightener, which has a fixed temperature of 410F. Also, the tail can be locked for storage and is secure enough when not in use. If you put it in your purse or bag, it will take up less space.
- Swivel cord with 360-degree flexibility
- Product Dimensions: 7.87 x 1.1 x 1.4 inches
- Black color
- Fixed temperature, 410°F high heat
- Features a tail lock for safety
- This works well with short hair to make bangs
- Contains a locking mechanism for keeping it shut
- Travel-friendly due to its small size
- Prices within reach of most people
- Taking a little longer to straighten a bunch of hair (due to the mini size)
- There is no heat setting on the device; only an on/off button
- This is not recommended for people with long or thick hair