If you wish to buy a flat iron, you should understand that thick hair is more difficult to straighten as it requires a whole lot of effort with a cheap flat iron. Keeping this factor in mind, Glamhow compiled a list of five affordable flat irons that are within reach of most people without compromising on quality.
Therefore, before choosing any cheap iron, read the product information carefully to find out if it is appropriate for your hair type or not. Reviewing this list of the top 3 flat irons may help you decide which one will meet your needs and fit your budget.
3 Best Affordable Flat Irons For Thick Hair
- Remington Wet 2 Straight Flat Iron with Ceramic + Titanium Plates
- Remington S5500 1″ Anti-Static Flat Iron with Floating Ceramic Plates
- KIPOZI 1 Inch Pro Titanium Flat Iron for Hair, Dual Voltage Hair Straightener
Straightening your hair then blow-drying it can cause stress and overheating, resulting in damaged hair, so Remington combined both as one simple step that leaves the hair healthy and beautiful.
This advanced styling tool has multiple functions and can be used on wet or dry hair. Using the Remington Wet2Straight 1 3/4″ Flat Iron, you can straighten as well as dry your hair in one step.
With this flat iron’s unique steam vents, you can dry and style your hair at the same time with 60%* less damage. There are 30 heat settings on the 420°F high heat setting, so you can choose the right temperature for your hair, whether it’s wet or dry. Heat damage can be prevented by the 1 3/4″ ceramic + titanium plates. You can enjoy peace of mind with the automatic shutoff feature after 60 minutes.
A green or amber light indicates when heat is best for straightening wet or dry hair.
A pro tip from a verified buyer: if you are having problems drying your thick hair, you can divide it into smaller sections and glide the straightener down with a bit of a slower speed.
- Temperature: 420°F
- Weight: 1.15 Pounds
- Indicator of wet/dry styling
- 30 Different Heat Settings
- Heat Up in 30 Seconds
- The voltage is 120V
- Limited Warranty of 2 Years
- An excellent deal
- There is no need for a blow dryer
- Faster work with longer plates
- A great cord swivel
- With curly hair, it takes more time
- The cord length is short
- Burnt plastic smell
Remington S5500 1″ Anti-Static Flat Iron with Floating Ceramic Plates
A great ceramic flat iron at an affordable price is a Remington S5500. It offers amazing features for an unbeatable price.
Remington’s anti-static flat iron reduces negative particles by 50% during styling, resulting in 50% less static and flyaway hair. Ceramic plates with titanium coatings heat up rapidly, providing a smooth glide. Plates that are 1 inch in diameter are longer than 30% for better control and quick styling. Its digital touchscreen provides six heat settings in the range from 310°F to 410°F, so you can find the perfect setting for your hair type.
With quick straightening action, this high-heat straightener protects your hair from too much heat, straightening hairs quickly with each pass. By switching on the automatic shut-off after 60 minutes, you can avoid any potential fire hazards. The cord swivels 360° and ensures you’re comfortable as you move. Pressing the “+” button activates the turbo boost function, which reaches the flat iron’s maximum heat quickly.
- Size: 1 inch
- 6 Different Heat Settings
- 30 Second Heat Up
- 410°F High Heat
- Voltage: 120V
- Item Dimensions: 1.13 x 1 x 11.75 inches
- Automatic Shut Off feature
- Controlled by a digital system
- Comparatively, it’s cheaper than others.
- It is provided with Anti-Static Technology.
- The plates are close to each other
- It gets very hot very quickly
- There are limited temperature options
- There is no light on the digital screen
- The unit doesn’t sound when it is ready to be used
- When you turn it on, it smells a little bad
KIPOZI 1 Inch Pro Titanium Flat Iron for Hair, Dual Voltage Hair Straightener
The KIPOZI Hair Straightener (2 in 1) has a round shape that helps you to create a variety of hairstyles. Plates with a width of 1 inch are narrow enough for bangs. Creating awesome hairstyles everyday.
PTC ceramic heaters are used in this Titanium flat iron. In addition, titanium plates release negative ions, which leave hair shining, reduce keratin damage from heat styling and reduce frizz, resulting in hair that is silky, soft, and healthy. It’s easy-to-use temperature adjustment and LCD display will help you fully understand the situation. You can select three distinct levels of temperature: 270°F (140°C), 350°F (180°C) and 410°F (210°C).
Kipozi flat iron with 360 degree swivel and floating plates supports your movements while setting up your hairstyles. During hair styling, the floating plates with curved edges continue to adjust the angle so that the hair straightener does not snag your hair. With it’s dual voltage ability (110-240V) and it’s adapter connection, Kipozi’s travel straightener and curler can be used worldwide.
- Floating 1 inch 3D plates
- The dimensions of this item are 11 x 3 x 3 inches
- Switch design for locking
- One inch in size
- It is gold in color
- There are plenty of temperature options
- It’s very light and performs well
- Automatically turns off as well
- Easily transportable if needed
- The temperature rises within seconds
- Hold down the power button for a few seconds to turn on/off
- It is difficult to turn on and adjust the temperature
- Physical buttons are more effective than it’s touch screen